Saturday 20 June 2009

Doubling yarn - the sequel

Guess what - I've been coding, now isn't that a surprise LOL.

This time I decided to expand on the doubled yarn sizes, lets face it the little chart I put up before wasn't all that helpful... So I decided as I seem to be coding helpful little calculators/gadgets that I would expand on the theme.

I can't seem to find a calculator like this one on the net although the math itself is relatively easy to find. I only put up to four strands in the calculator because I figured anyone up to using more than four strands:

  1. Is a braver person than me
  2. and
  3. Can probably do the math for this in their sleep LOL
There is no need to put the third and fourth gauges in unless you need them and you can put any combination of yarns (except eyelash and similar novelty yarns). I tested it properly but if you see any problems give me a shout

Once again this will be ugly until I do a proper design for the blog and sort the styles out properly

Yarn 1 stitches and rows over 4 inches
Yarn 2 stitches and rows over 4 inches
Yarn 3 stitches and rows over 4 inches
Yarn 4 stitches and rows over 4 inches

approximate gauge = stitches and rows per inch - ( stitches and rows over 4 inches)
weight

I have finally finished my chunky sweater jacket so I should have an FO post as soon as I get round to taking a decent photo

No comments:

Post a Comment