Friday 12 June 2009

How many stitches - simple squares or rectangles

I've written another little time saver for myself to help out with a little top secret project I'm doing for my Dad. I haven't started it yet but when I do any Ravelry members can see it (can't see any of my family joining Ravelry when they don't knit or crochet LOL) but you won't see it on the blog til after xmas - just in case...

Plug in your gauge, approximate size required and any stitch/pattern offset you need and it calculates the number of stitches to cast on, rows to knit and number of pattern repeats needed. It also tells you the actual size that any stitch/pattern offset will enlarge the finished shape by.

Once again it's ugly for now but it works like a charm


swatch gauge = stitches by rows over 4 inches
approximate size required = height by width (inches)
pattern offset = multiple of + stitches by rows

cast on stitches and work rows ( pattern repeats)
finished size: height by width (inches)

I seem to be in the swing of coding at the moment. Maybe it has something to do with all that revision I've been avoiding LOL. If any of my family does manage to find this blog - don't worry I am revising - I am just doing this when the revision gets too much. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment