Wednesday 24 June 2009

FO: chunky sweater jacket

I have finally got around to taking a few pics of the chunky sweater jacket. When I first saw the pattern and looked for the yarn back in February I intended this to be a proper jacket to use in the Winter. Once I saw that the colour of the yarn was more yellow than cream I decided it would be used inside for those chilly days and the finished jacket has already had some use thanks to the typical British weather.

This was my first knitting project for over 20 years and I made a few mistakes but all in all I'm pretty happy with it, apart from the size that is...

I got gauge widthwise but not lengthwise. Now correct me if I'm wrong but that just means I have to knit a few more extra rows to get the required length. If that's so then why is it so enormous??? I understand that as I made the medium the jacket was going to be a little big on me but this is gigantic. I could almost wrap just the back all the way round myself and lets face it I am not a little woman LOL.

I believe I have mentioned a fair few times how much I hate sewing, this was my first real foray into using mattress stitch and I suppose it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, it did improve with practise but the seams on this are far from professional LOL

Overall I am satisfied with it. I did toy with the idea of frogging it because of the size and there's still a possibility that I will but I decided to try it out in the winter over a few big jumpers before I decide if it's really too big.

No comments:

Post a Comment